Family Social Services Manager provides management and oversight to all foster care, adoptions, and post-permanency services. This position reports to the Deputy Director, and provides supervisory functions to the Resource Parent Coordinator, the Permanency Coordinator, Parent Training Coordinator and Department Administrative Assistant. Oversight of staff and services are completed in compliance with and as directed by contract through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, the Philadelphia Department of Human Services, the Community Umbrella Agency/ies, and the State Wide Adoption Network to which Concilio sub-contracts. The Manager’s role is to: (1) develop and implement policies, procedures, strategies and services to ensure achievement and program compliance with funding and agency goals; (2) train, supervise and evaluate assigned staff and (3) represent Concilio’s family social services internally and externally as appropriate. This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, and overall strong judgment, management abilities, and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Staff and Supervision
1. Serve as hiring manager by coordinating the hiring and firing of department staff in collaboration with the agency’s administration team.
2. Provide management to the department and staff through independent judgment and decision making.
3. Provide quality supervision to all assigned staff including a minimum of bi-weekly supervisory staff meetings with individual staff members to ensure compliance with program goals.
4. Identify staff development opportunities and trainings to assigned staff.
5. Conduct department staff meetings.
6. Conduct/Co-facilitate monthly case review meetings.
• Implement policies, procedures and services required under contract with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, the Philadelphia Department of Human Services, Community Umbrella Agencies as appropriate, The State Wide Adoption Network and the agency.
• Ensure program compliance with standards and procedure criteria as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, the Philadelphia Department of Human Services, Community Umbrella Agencies as appropriate, and the State Wide Adoption Network.
• Manage the strategic growth and vision of the department through support from the leadership team and beyond.
• Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to funders and director as required.
• Monitor all program billing and lead reconciliation process with the Department of Human Services.
• Monitor program spending including purchasing appropriate program materials necessary for the delivery of services.
• Lead ongoing resource parent recruitment and marketing efforts in collaboration with Resource Parent Coordinator.
• Ensure ongoing training for all assigned staff as may be required by contract or statute.
• Report on all programs to the Deputy Director, verbally and in writing as required.
• Prepare departmental billing reports and fiscal reports as required for submission to the Deputy Director and the Fiscal Team.
• Perform management functions and/or make recommendations for the department such as hiring, firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary counseling, salary adjustments, workload distribution and employee relations.
• Respond to work related emergencies after 5:00 pm and on weekends as necessary
• Participate in Concilio cultural events including, but not limited to the Hispanic Fiesta and Puerto Rican Parade.
Internal & External Relationships
1. Participate as a member of the Management/Executive Management Team in various agency committees for the advancement of the community and the agency.
2. Facilitate departmental compliance with agency procedures, working collaboratively with other senior managers to optimize agency processes and service integration.
3. Engage with funders and partners and represent Concilio as needed or as assigned.
4. Ensure high quality representation in conferences and other events.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or in a related field plus two-four years’ experience in Human Services, preferably child welfare.
• Three years of supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated counseling and collaboration skills required.
• Manager should be resourceful, able to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of clients, other professionals and foster parents.
• Manager must understand and preserve the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
• Knowledge of the social services network in Philadelphia.
• FBI, Pennsylvania Childline and Criminal Background Clearances.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to deliver strong and engaging trainings for foster and kinship parents.
• Excellent analytical ability.
• Computer and technological proficiency required.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle emergency situations.
• Must have valid driver’s license and insurance and able to travel and be flexible.
Competencies & Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to write well, including articles for publication.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature
• Strong marketing and events planning skills
• Effective leadership and team building skills.
• Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
General Sign Off:
I hereby acknowledge that I have read this job description. I fully understand the duties and responsibilities required for this position. I also agree to fulfill the job requirements as delineated herein and to adhere to all company’s policies & procedures.
______________________________________________ _______________________ (Employee’s Signature) Date
______________________________________________ _______________________ (Employee’s Supervisor) Date
CONCILIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (M/F/D/V)
The Deputy Director works closely with the agency’s Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Deputy Director manages the organization in the absence of the Executive Director. The highly qualified individual appointed to this position will coordinate and oversee all administrative program functions and supervision of program managers at Concilio overseeing the Family Social Services and Community Based Services departments. This position has responsibility for overseeing grant compliance, quality assurance and agency data management. The Deputy Director works closely with the Executive Director to establish and achieve fundraising goals for the agency in the areas of foundation, government, individual and corporate support. The Deputy Director assists the Executive Director with strategic planning and coordination of the organization's programs, projects, and policy positions.
For full requirements click the link below:
Concilio is an equal employment opportunity organization and will not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.